3M™ Novec™ 1230 Fire Protection Fluid
A Next Generation Halon 1301 replacement, Novec 1230 fluid is an environmentally friendly solution for waterless fire suppression.
- Safe for human occupancy.
- Atmospheric Lifetime of <5 days, making Global Warming Potential (GWP) negligible
- Zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP)
- Appears on US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP) list
- Discharges in 10 seconds or less to extinguish fires rapidly, minimizing damage to high value assets.
- Designed in accordance with NFPA 2001.
- UL listed and FM approved.
- Marine system with USCG and ABS approvals also available.
WHAT IS NOVEC 1230 FLUID?
Novec 1230 fluid is formed from the elements carbon, fluorine and oxygen [CF3CF2C(O)CF(CF3)2 – dodecafluoro-2-methylpentan-3-one]. The primary extinguishing mechanism of Novec 1230 fluid is heat absorption, with a secondary chemical contribution from the thermal decomposition of Novec 1230 fluid in the flame.
Novec 1230 fluid leaves no residue and is safe for use in occupied spaces. Manufactured by 3M, it is electrically non-conductive and environmentally sustainable.
TYPICAL AREAS OF FIRE PROTECTION
- Computer rooms and Data Centers
- Control rooms
- Telecommunication facilities
- Historical archive storage
- Art galleries
- Pharmaceutical and medical facilities
- Record storage facilities
- Engine/Generator Rooms on Marine Vessels
- Bridges of Ships
- Offshore Platforms
THE JANUS FIRE SYSTEMS® DIFFERENCE
- UL Listed and FM Approved engineered systems
- 500 psi (34.47 bar) storage pressure for maximum pipe distances, without the added cost of a driver cylinder
- Eight nominal cylinder capacities
- 22 lbs to 1000 lbs incremental fills (10.0 kg to 453.6 kg)
- Up to 16 cylinders piloted together in a single arrangement
- Three nozzle orientations in seven size options
- Custom drill orifices determined by flow calculation
- Expansive nozzle area coverages
- Pendant or upright nozzle installation
- Selector Valve arrangements available
- Proprietary Janus Design Suite® Flow Calculation Software
- Global distribution supported by experienced fire extinguishing specialists
In Janus Fire Systems® Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems, the Novec 1230 Fluid is stored as a liquid in specially designed steel cylinder assemblies fitted with forged brass, differential pressure-operated valves. Three valve sizes (Sv, Mv, and Lv Series) each with multiple cylinder size options allow individual cylinder fills ranging from 22 lbs to 1000 lbs (10.0 kg to 453.6 kg).
Janus Fire Systems® Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems are engineered systems, meaning they offer maximum flexibility to tailor each system design according to the location they protect.
Our system offers three different nozzle types in seven different sizes, with expansive vertical and horizontal coverage from each single nozzle. Listed and approved selector valves allow us to provide economical solutions to large projects. Together with the Janus Design Suite® Flow Calculation Software, this makes every Janus Fire Systems® system unique to each structure and its individual requirements.
For more information, refer to the Janus Fire Systems® Fire Extinguishing System datasheets below.
- No. Description Language Updated
- DS1256 Lv 500 Series System – 500 psi 11-04-2021
- DS1257 Mv 500 Series System - 500 psi 11-04-2021
- DS1258 Sv 500 Series System - 500 psi 11-04-2021
- DS1080 Lv Series Systems - 360 psi 11-04-2021
- DS1116 Mv Series System - 360 psi 11-04-2021
- DS1117 Sv Series System - 360 psi 11-04-2021
- No. Description Language Updated
- DS1306 Lv Series Marine System 11-04-2021
- DS1307 Mv Series Marine System 11-04-2021
- DS1308 Sv Series Marine System 11-04-2021